Monday, December 26, 2011

It's Christmas?!?!!

I know I'm a little late to the Christmas party, (as I usually am on a daily basis. It's an issue that I'm working on! But! Back to Christmas!) however, I just want people to stop and think about this day.

Jesus Christ himself!! came down from the heavens, wrapped himself in the likeness of sinful flesh so that one day we might be saved. I mean..... that just blows my mind??! I don't tend to think very highly of myself, so to imagine Our God (OUR GOD) coming to Earth to show the way and then lay his life down for me is Incredible. Me? Who am I? I'm just Alexis?! That girl down the street who babysits the Delahunt girls. The quiet girl behind the cash register at the local store. The one girl that can't seem to get anything right sometimes. I just. I. Words cannot even embody the amazement that I feel simply thinking of that. How Great is Our God. He is Awesome.

So to the anxious and restless and the over-anticipated hearts that woke up this morning wondering what the presents they got were: You should have been thinking about the One who put you on this Earth. Who breathed life into you and gives you the strength to carry on. We should have been giving thanks and worshipping his Holy Name. He is just an amazing God, and I feel abundantly blessed to be a child of God. I thank him for all that he has done in my life, and all that he is getting ready to do. I just wanna thank him for being God. Forever I will worship your name, Lord; that's why I'm here. Merry merry Christmas to all!! And to God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment