Saturday, February 11, 2012

Am I Really Alone?

So I know that Valentine's day is  near (and that is not EVEN why I'm writing this post), but I just don't think that I need a significant other in my life right now.

It just feels like lately everyone has been talking about their boy toys, and then they shoulder a look at me – the boyfriendless friend. I don't have a problem with it though! ... Is that a problem?

I was telling my friend Sophia today, about these guys that followed me and my friends to the gym (long story) and that one of them took some particular liking to me. Well now I see him everywhere – which I take as coincidence – and she thinks that it is a message sent from the heavens above, but I think he's just a player... Let's just say she helped speed some things up for us. She just really thinks I need some love in my life. However, I just don't see the grand importance in it right now?

I'M YOUNG! I have the rest of my days to find somebody. And I'll do it when I'm GOOD AND READY! 
But it's not just her. All of my friends are trying to hook me up (with their friends/ with friends of friends/ acquaintances/ with randoms!?). Like. . . I'm good guys, I promise. I mean I guess sometimes what it would be like to have someone, but I don't really know what I'm missing out on since I've never had that sort of relationship. I only know what my parents have showed me and what I read of books. Though I guess the latter doesn't count as a very reliable resource. 

All I can say is: "Everything happens for a reason, and everything happens in time. I simply like to think that God doesn't want me waisting my time with people that aren't going to make me feel like the most special piece of Heaven on Earth, and he's going to send over the right one when the time is right. In his own perfect plan. And I Appreciate that!" So to all of you out there (though I'm sure I'm the only one reading this blog) who are alone and not quite in the time of your life to be a girlfriend to someone else, it's okay! You don't have to. I'm sure they're fun and full of bliss, but if you aren't in one now... then they're not top on your priority list. Which also means that you shouldn't be worrying about it. I'm not. Well not anymore I'm not, I'm happy. And when the time is right I'll be happy with someone else.

So to answer my question: I'm not alone. I have my family and books and happiness to keep me too much company ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment